Skip to main content

Predictions Of Other Games

Here's my weekly prediction of games around I-AA. Hopefully I can do better than 17-7 last week.

Patriot League
Massachusetts at Colgate. I guarantee that Colgate will do better than most people think in this game. Not enough to guarantee a win, mind you, but I think they will regain some respect. UMass 27, Colgate 20.

Fordham at Duquesne. This actually could be an interesting game. I think Fordham pulls this out, but it will be a barn-burner. Fordham 35, Duquesne 32.

Georgetown at Holy Cross. If the Hoyas win, and all of a sudden they are 2-0 in the league and (please don't laugh) a PL title contender. No, really. If the Crusaders win, and their PL campaign will get off on the right track. I think the Hoyas win, and turn some heads. G'town 24, HC 21.

Richmond at Lafayette. I relly don't see how the Leopards lose this game, especially since Spider coach Dave Clawson seems to be purposely marginalizing his most exciting player in Stacey Tutt. Lafayette 31, Richmond 7.

Bucknell at Stony Brook. The Seawolves pay for Bucknell's meltdown against Georgetown in week 1. Bucknell 38, SB 9.

Top 25
#1 James Madison at Coastal Carolina. The Dukes wil prove to I-AA nation that they deserve their #1 ranking, and the Chanticleers will prove why they are not ready for the I-AA playoffs just yet. JMU 44, CC 9.

#2 Furman at Western Carolina. The Catamounts just don't have the horses to compete with the Paladins. Furman 38, WCU 17.

#3 Montana at Oregon (I-A). Yeah, sure, it WOULD be great if Montana could knock off Oregon, but it ain't happening. Oregon 63, Montana 13.

#18 North Dakota St. at #4 Northwestern St. I think the Demons are going to be #1 in the country before long, and this win will go a long way in proving it to people. The Bison just can't hang with N'Western St. in Nachitoches. N'Western St. 27, NDSU 13.

Eastern Kentucky at #5 Western Kentucky. This should be a great "Battle of the Bluegrass", and I really think the Colonels are going to take it outright. EKU 29, WKU 28.

McNeese St. at #7 Georgia Southern. Eagle fans will take 2 surprisingly close wins in a row, this time vs. McNeese playing their opener. GSU 31, McNeese St. 28.

Minnesota-Duluth (D-II) at #9 Northern Iowa. Northern Iowa schedules another quality opponent... if you're a D-II school. Drake and then this. GPI take note! NIU 33, MD 13.

Union(KY) (NAIA) at #11 Southern Illinois. "Cupcake week" continues for the Gateway. SIU 77, Union 0.

#14 Sam Houston St. at Houston (I-A). I smell a barn-burner, with the Bearkats getting the I-A scalp against a poor Houston team. SHS 45, Houston 41.

#15 William & Mary at VMI. Can VMI's woes ever stop? Not against mighty Bill & Mary. W&M 31,VMI 6.

Stephen F. Austin at #17 Montana St. The Bobcats opened my eyes last week, and I think the punish a so-so Southnd team at home. MSU 34, SFA 17.

Chatanooga at #19 Jacksonville St. The Gamecocks, after losing a heartbreaker to Furman, should bounce back nicely here. JSU 31, UT-C 20.

#20 Hampton at Howard. Howard will play spiritedly in this quasi-riva;ry game, but Hampton should pull this out in any case. Hampton 31, Howard 21.

Sacramento St. at #21 Cal Poly. I don't think Sac St. can stay in the same area code as Cal Poly here. CP 30, Sac St. 10.

#23 Appalachian St. at Kansas (I-A). I think the Mountaineers keep this close before finally falling. Kansas 34, App St. 24.

Winston-Salem St. (D-II) at #24 South Carolina St. Nah. SCSU 45, WSS 10.

William Penn (NAIA) at #25 Maine. I give the Black Bears a pass sincethey played I-A Nebraska so tough last week. They deserve this "breather". Maine 60, WP 3.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You let your child chew on THAT? Alarming
Picture this. I am hard at work when my cell phone rings. On the other end is someone I vaguely ... Here are some recent headlines from our blogs: Cinematical News from Slackerwood: let the festivals begin Where Are They Now: The Outsiders O Opus where art thou?
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a ##work at home jobs online## site/blog. It pretty much covers ideas on how to make a income online, plus other related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Popular posts from this blog

How The Ivy League Is Able To Break the NCAA's Scholarship Limits and Still Consider Themselves FCS

By now you've seen the results.  In 2018, the Ivy League has taken the FCS by storm. Perhaps it was Penn's 30-10 defeat of Lehigh a couple of weeks ago .  Or maybe it was Princeton's 50-9 drubbing of another team that made the FCS Playoffs last year, Monmouth.  Or maybe it was Yale's shockingly dominant 35-14 win over nationally-ranked Maine last weekend. The Ivy League has gone an astounding 12-4 so far in out-of-conference play, many of those wins coming against the Patriot League. But it's not just against the Patriot League where the Ivy League has excelled.  Every Ivy League school has at least one out-of-conference victory, which is remarkable since it is only three games into their football season.  The four losses - Rhode Island over Harvard, Holy Cross over Yale, Delaware over Cornell, and Cal Poly over Brown - were either close losses that could have gone either way or expected blowouts of teams picked to be at the bottom of the Ivy League. W

Made-Up Midseason Grades for Lehigh Football

 We are now officially midway through the 2023 Lehigh football season.  The Mountain Hawks sit at 1-5 overall, and 0-1 in the Patriot League. I thought I'd go ahead and make up some midseason grades, and set some "fan goals" for the second half. The 2023 Mountain Hawks were picked to finish fifth in the seven team Patriot League.  In order to meet or exceed that expectation, they'll probably have to go at least 3-2 the rest of the way in conference play.  Their remaining games are vs. Georgetown, at Bucknell, vs. Holy Cross, at Colgate, and vs. Lafayette in The Rivalry. Can they do it? Culture Changing: B+ .  I was there in the Bronx last week after the tough 38-35 defeat to Fordham, and there wasn't a single player emerging from the locker room that looked like they didn't care.  Every face was glum.  They didn't even seem sad.  More frustrated and angry. That may seem normal, considering the agonizing way the Mountain Hawks lost, but it was a marked chan

Fifteen Guys Who Might be Lehigh's Next Football Coach (and Five More)

If you've been following my Twitter account, you might have caught some "possibilities" as Lehigh's next head football coach like Lou Holtz, Brett Favre and Bo Pelini .  The chance that any of those three guys actually are offered and accept the Lehigh head coaching position are somewhere between zero and zero.  (The full list of my Twitter "possibilities" are all on this thread on the Lehigh Sports Forum .) However the actual Lehigh head football coaching search is well underway, with real names and real possibilities. I've come up with a list of fifteen possible names, some which I've heard whispered as candidates, others which might be good fits at Lehigh for a variety of reasons. UPDATE: I have found five more names of possible head coaches that I am adding to this list below. Who are the twenty people?  Here they are, in alphabetical order.