I'll be unable to go (due to other commitments), but I'll be eager to hear the report from not only the local media but any fans who wish to give reports on what they see.
Now's a good a time as any to report what I've noticed so far in practice, from folks I've talked to and what I've researched so far.
- Our "Class of 2010" got a little smaller as one OL (I can't remember his name) was removed from the list. It shouldn't be a huge issue for this year, but next year I'm hoping to be a great year recruiting OL.
- On the positive side, notice sophomore OLs Kevin Bayani and Patrick Casey are now listed at 300 lbs, joining penciled-in starter Jimmy Kehs as the big guys on the line. It will be very interesting to see if one, or both, will be starting on what could potentially be the biggest "O" line in the PL.
- DT Royce Morgan? Don't worry, he's there. There was some concern that he wasn't going to be playing this year (mostly from his accidental omission in the media guide), but he's penciled-in as well at DT.
- Coach Coen singled out the freshman linebacking corps of Matt Cohen, Al Pierce, and Heath Brickner for praise, complicating an already-crowded race for linebacking spots. Aside from senior OLB Matt Mohler - a lock for starting - anything could happen on the LB depth chart. The big question - is senior ILB Travis Stinson's job safe?
- Could RB Marques Thompson see some time at WR, with RBs Matt McGowan and Kent State traansfer RB Josh Pastore looking for touches? Not to mention FB Greg Fay as well. Seems pretty plausible... And don't forget scatback RB Richard Forman either. There are a lot of good RBs in camp dying for touches.
- OK, you knew that junior QB Sedale Threatt was the starter. But tell me that seeing his stats on the roster at 6'3 210lbs didn't make you smile. Maybe Sedale will earn that nickname "The Total Package" before all is said and done... especially if that "O" line will be as big as I think it is.
- Sedale can talk. If you haven't heard a portion of my interview with him on I-AA Waves on 8/8, please go download it now. I can't wait to get him in another interview, hopefully.
- Everyone I've talked to, to a person, has talked about how excited they are about *practice*. Players, coaches, staff - they feel real excitement coming into the fall.
There will be more this coming week in this space on the last week of practice. If you can, attend Lehigh's media day!